Sunday, October 5, 2008

Social norm Project

Okay so i want to start off by saying this project ruined my day!! so anyways the social norm i violated was blaming a baby for crying. I have always wanted to do this because crying babies in restaurants ALWAYS bother me, and now i had an excuse for being nasty to a new mother. (go me)! I was at Applebees with my mom for lunch Sunday at like 1, and this lady plops down next to me with her baby in a snugly and orders her food. Then halfway through my meal of Oriental chicken salad the baby like goes into a manic fit and cries for what i swear feels like an eternity. My mom looked at me and was like"try to ignore it hunny" because she knows how i am with children. But i ignored her request and turned to the tired and depressed mother and said (with a lot of attitude) "can you make it be quiet" my mother let out a gasp . But to my surprise the woman just turned around, i know if i were her i would have punched me in the face. I felt invigorated and alive during and before the verbal lashing i guess because i have always wanted to do this. (i should/will be sterilized). But the people around me sure didn't like it my mother grounded me for the rest of the day an i couldn't finish my salad which was punishment enough. So whatever i guess i cant go to Applebees anymore since I'm sure the waiters heard the whole thing.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Interesting...so the norm violated was that we ignore mothers with crying babies. Hmmmm. Sorry it ruined your day but you seemed to get some enjoyment out if it.